I was tagged by lovely ummzahra.
1. ON your blog, post the Rules & 10 things you have HOPE for in your life.
2. LINK Tag 10 people (we want hope to spread people!) and LINK the person who tagged you.
3. Comment/Notify the 10 People they’ve been tagged.
I hope my uncle with terminal cancer will not suffer too much in his last months and that my grandparents will transition to a new home easily and happily.
My uncle is the youngest of 3 brothers. He has been the caretaker for my grandparents. But now, of course, he is too sick. My grandparents' health has diminished recently; my grandma is now in a wheelchair for the rest of her life and my grandpa is more and more confused. They are all out in Alabama and so we are trying to find the best ways to help but distance makes it hard. Neither of my parents can quit work to care for them full time, and they are getting to the point of needing more care than an ordinary non-nurse/doctor person is capable of giving. My grandparents are both WWII vets and have counted on VA benefits to provide for them in old age. So we are trying to find a nice place near family that they can be. But everyone is struggling with finding a place and adapting to all the changes.
Last Saturday, I went with my parents to the VA home in Florence. It is about an hour southwest of here - a nice drive down highway 115. Florence is a small town, and the VA home is a bit outside of the town, seemingly in the middle of nowhere. But the building itself is nice. It was clean, didn't smell, had nice staff, good facilities, and lots of things for residents to do - and good food (and plenty of it). My grandparents would be living in a small room, though - so they'd no longer be able to have much in the way of furniture or personal belongings with them, and they'd have to get used to more dorm-style living than they've probably ever done - so less privacy then they're used to.
2. Someone close to me is trying to do amazing things - get a second PhD, finish howza studies, get his greencard, find a job, move, get married, all in one year. I hope he accomplishes everything and that all goes very easily.
3. I hope I can do a good job and anything and everything I ever do and keep learning.
4. I hope I can be healthy, and the same for my family and friends. This includes all aspects of fitness, weight management, emotional health, spiritual health, and everything else.
5. I hope the last few weeks of school pass quickly and I get everything done I need to. I'm ready for summer.
6. I hope to avoid sin and do more good and be a better person and get closer to Allah swt and Ahlulbayt (as).
7. I hope someday to do ziyarat. I'd love to do the whole Iran/Iraq/Syria experience to visit all the holy places there.
8. I hope that whoever our next president will be would be the one that would be the most just and upright and best for the whole world. I'd like to see positive moves in international relations, environment, health care, and economy especially.
9. I hope that we can protect innocents and ourselves from suffering by doing right - by sharing the wealth, living simply, having better government, better environmental practice, etc.
10. I hope I could succeed in getting all the way out of debt and staying that way, and that all my stuff keeps working so that I don't have any unexpected bills, etc.
Pigeon of Haram