1. What did you do this year that you've never done before?
Played Nintendo GameCube, Geocaching, went to Pennsylvania
2. Did you keep your new years resolution and what is yours for this year?
I don't really make NY resolutions. I make them as I go, particularly at the start of something new, like a new school year, new semester, new summer break. I have several things to work on.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you didn't have in 2004?
Improved fitness, a cleaner house, new friends
7. What dates will remain attached in your memory
I probably won't remember anything in terms of its date.
8. What was your biggest acheivment in 2004?
9. Biggest failure
10. Did you suffer from illness or injury?
No, alhumdooleluh, nothing serious
11. What was the best thing you bought?
a new refrigerator - important if you need one
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appaled or depressed?
14. Where did you spend most of your money?
15. What were you most excited about?
teaching AP Stats
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
don't have one
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
18. Richer or poorer?
richer, I got a raise
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
praying without good concentration
20. How will you be celebrating Eid Al-Adha?
21. Did you fall in love this year?
22. What was your favorite anasheed or naat?
the one's Renee and Leila gave me
21. Do you hate anyone that you didn't hate last year?
22. What was the best book you read?
Islamic - light of Holy Qur'an
non-Islamic - Hillerman or Dan Brown
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
24. What did you want and get?
I have every material thing I really need.
25. What was your favorite film this year?
Maybe The Bourne Supremacy.
26. How would you describe your fashion statement?
Islamic semi-clean occasionally wrinkled professional, unless it is a weekend.
27. What kept you sane in 2004?
patience and hope
28. What political issue stirred you the most?
Headscarf ban, Presidential election, our school board
29. Who was the best new person you met in 2004?
in person I finally met Sakina Dewji, also Mehdi Husain and Freda. I met lots of great people online.
30. What lesson did you learn in 2004 that best sums up your year?
I learn this one a lot - everything happpens in His time, not ours.
31. Song lyric that sums up your life in 2004?