Friday, October 27, 2006

Well, I just got back from the hospital. Mom woke me up this morning to tell me dad had gotten in a car wreck. He had slid on ice and hit a tree. He got checked out and he's okay and now he's home, but he'll be pretty sore for the next few days. His jeep is probably totaled, he's having it towed to the house to part it out and he'll have to get another vehicle.

My uncle, his younger brother, has been fighting with cancer in his mouth. It recently came back. My dad is supposed to fly out there to Alabama in a few weeks to be there when his brother Greg gets operated on to try to remove the cancer again. He's going to have to do radiation every day for six months. I think this will be the first time my dad has seen his family by himself since he got married.

No comments: