Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Ghost Near One of My Caches?

Check out these two log entries:

April 15 by Grouchcacher (65 found)
Great historical cache! Found it after 30 minutes of searching. I think the barking dog with pnemonia actually suffers from emphysema. And oddly enough, that well dressed young girl was walking around the graveyard aimlessly again. Must be some new security guard? Log was damp. TNLNSL TFTC

Followup after I sent this cacher an e-mail:
I was serious about the young girl. Based on her height (about 5ft 3in)I'd say she was about 12 to 14 years old, 16 max. When I first noticed her my thought was: why wasn't she in school? Then I wondered if Fountain schools were on spring break? I didn't get a good look at her face because it seemed like she was always looking down at a headstone. She had dark hair and a light complexion. I believe the dress she was wearing was dark blue and made of a lacy material coming down to just below her knees. She seem like she was looking for a certain headstone, but the closest she came to me was about 25 yards and I hid behind one of the trees north of the cache. I tend to never read the previous finders posts unless I can't find the cache the first time. So I didn't really think anything about it until I read the one finders post. I thought it was ironic that the weird dog barking and the girl wandering the graveyard were still there. She did however seem real and not an apparition. Hope this helps you.

March 25 by cattales (304 found)
Thank you for the Fountain history lesson with this cache. We enjoyed looking around at some of the really old grave stones. But the ones for young children are so sad. We looked a really long time for this one, at least we knew it wasn't the sprinkler head. The two dogs were really upset with us and one sounded like he has pneumonia, a really congested bark.
We saw a strange young lady in a fancy black dress and high heels strolling in the cemetery.


This is for the Fountain Train Disaster Memorial Cache.

No comments: