Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What's Your Sign?

I remember when I learned in school that the zodiac dates are all off, I knew that astrology as it is commonly known had to be a farce. There are 13 actual zodiac signs. Ophiuchus is the 13th. You are said to be born under a sign if on the date of your birth the sun in the sky has that constellation as its direct background (making that constellation invisible, of course, as it is "out" during day, right behind the sun). But when you look at the dates in the newspaper horoscopes, they're all wrong - they were sort of right maybe a few thousand years ago.

The dates are more like this now: http://www.geocities.com/astrologyzodiacs/realsolarzodiac.htm So what's your REAL sign? I'm 'really' a Virgo, but I'm supposedly a Libra. Poor Ophiuchus folks - there isn't even any horoscope for them to read....

No comments: