Saturday, December 23, 2006

Update on Sr. Marzieh

I know several people stopping by this blog had added Sr. Marzieh to their prayers - she is the sister with three kids whose condo was burned in a fire.

I know that many times I heard appeals for help for someone and then never heard about what happened. So I thought you might like this update from her:

Assalam Alaikum
     Sister Masooma thanks for expressing concern about my situation. Alahamdulillah my family and I are fine. We were living in a hotel for 2 weeks then I was able to get a rented unit where we will be living until my townhouse is rebuilt insha'allah. It will take about 5 or 6 months before we can move back into our home. We are very fortunate and Allah's mercy has been with us every step of the way. When I returned to my home after a couple of days and saw the severity of what had taken place, I just was even more grateful than ever that everyone inside the home had escaped without any injuries.
     Alhamdulillah the community has helped and I appreciate all those who have been there for me. I don't necessarily mean financially, but for those even giving me a call just to make sure everything is going okay. i do appreciate it. This whole ordeal has been another learning experience for me and reconfirms certain "givens" for me. One of course is the Greatnest of Allah and two the very temporary state of this world.and all of us in it.
     We should always show our obedience to Him and put our total trust and faith in Him and live each and every day as if it is our last one in this world, because it may be. We must be so attentive to our actions, deeds and words and insha'allah try to pattern our lives after the Ahle-Bait. The tests in this world are many and varied. We just pray that we do well on them and that Allah will be satisfied with our actions.
Thanks Sisters for Caring
Wa Salaam
Marzieh

No comments: