Sunday, July 08, 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged by Patrick from Patrick's Place to play this meme:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog post (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Okay, so 8 random facts/habits:

1. There's a meteorologist who does his reports on the local FM news radio station. In the commercial spots about their news broadcasts, he talks about his "accurate" weather reporting. But every time he says it, it really bugs me because he pronounces accurate as "a kerr ut" while I pronounce it "a kyer ut". So then I wonder where he's from that people say it like that. I also don't like it if I happen to notice that someone pronounces "your" and "you're" the same way. But I guess I'll get over it. :)

2. I think green is too hard a color to paint walls with - so many greens end up looking just gross. But I like green in nature and art.

3. When I was a kid and learned the ASL alphabet, I would sign road signs as we passed them on the highway and it became a habit so that I didn't even realize I was doing it. Then, in junior high I learned to type, and the habit switched to typing instead of signing. I still do it and occasionally will find myself "typing" a road sign I passed 20 miles back. But I don't do it as much as I used to when I was a kid. I also am one of those people that if I'm sitting in the movie theater, I'm probably shaking my leg. It doesn't bother me at all, but sometimes can bother someone else. I think it is ridiculous there is now a "restless leg syndrome" that they sell drugs for. Although I guess some people have problems with leg movement in their sleep or something, I don't know.

4. If I could grant myself a wasteful indulgence, it might be to only ever wear brand new socks. Brand new socks feel and look much better than used ones! So, I buy new socks more often than needed, but, I do wear them more than once. :)

5. I like pretty much all the interests of my dad, generally speaking. Growing up I would see him being interested in astronomy and playing with a telescope, go rockhounding with him in the mountains, visiting ruins of old ghost towns, reading lots of books, etc., and I like all these things, too.

6. I like westerns, mysteries, fantasy, spy, and science-fiction novels. But I've never actually read a romance novel. How do you tell a good one from a bad one?

7. I'm wondering why this meme specifically asked for 8 things. It just seems a strange number to pick. I'm guessing whoever did it first thought of 8 things to say about him/herself, or someone who got tagged was really supposed to write 7 or 10 things but had more or less to say.

8. I have some dreams/fantasies that I want to do, but maybe not really. One of my fantasies is to backpack for a whole season. But, I'm not really a backpacker, just would kind of like to be. That's a hobby/sport you really need companions to do with you, though. Another fantasy is to live in a simple trailer in the middle of 4-corner Navajo country. I'm not sure I'd really like to do this, but part of me finds the ideas appealing.

Rather than leaving comments, I'll just list 8 people here, but of course no one has to play if they don't want to, and anyone who wants to play, can.

1. Carol
2. Victoria
3. Sadiq Alam (Mystic Saint)
4. Manal
5. Organic
6. Anila
7. Safiya
8. Hajar

9. (Maybe Laura in MySpace?)

No comments: