Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Munajat of Imam 'Ali (as)

There is video for this below in an earlier post.

Allah, I am asking for your protection against the Day when
nothing like wealth or children will be of use and only that
person will benefit who will come with a pure heart.

And I am asking you for your protection against the Day when
a wrongdoer will be biting the back of his hands in regret
and will be saying, 'Oh, I wish I had chosen the way shown
by the Prophet (of Allah),"

And I am asking for your protection against the Day when the
sinners will be known by their faces, and will be taken by
their hair and feet.

And I am asking for your protection against the Day when a
father will not serve instead of his son nor will a son be
punished instead of his father for anything, since Allah had
promised thus and His promise is true.

And I am asking for your protection against the Day when
apologizing of the wrongdoers will not do then any good
because they will be cursed and will be put in the evil
abode (of Jahannam).

And I am asking for your protection against the Day when
nobody will have control over anybody and the power will
belong to Allah (alone) that Day.

And I am asking for your protection against the Day when a
person will run away from his brother, his mother, his
father, his wife, and children. That Day every person will
have what he has earned for himself.

And I am asking for your protection against the Day when the
sinner would wish that he could ransom the wrath of Allah
descending on him at that time with his children, his wife,
his brother and relatives who gave him shelter and all those
on earth, so that he be saved. No, never can he escape (the
wrath of Allah which will be in the form of) burning fire
roasting him.

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Master and I am the Slave,
and who else can be merciful to the slave except the Master?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Owner and I am the one owned
by You, and who else can be merciful to the owned except the
owner?
`
My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Mighty and I am the low, and
who else can be merciful to low the except the Mighty?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Creator and I am the
creature, and who else can be merciful to creature the
except the Creator?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Glorious and I am the
miserable, and who else can be merciful to miserable the
except the Glorious?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Powerful and I am the weak,
and who else can be merciful to weak the except the
Powerful?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Wealthy and I am the Poor,
and who else can be merciful to poor the except the Wealthy?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Bestower and I am the
beggar, and who else can be merciful to the beggar except
the Bestower?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Living and I am the dead,
and who else can be merciful to the dead except the Living?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Eternal and I am the
transient, and who else can be merciful to the transient
except the Eternal?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Permanent and I am the
short-lived, and who else can be merciful to the short-lived
except the Permanent?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Provider and I am the
blessed, and who else can be merciful to the blessed except
the Provider?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Generous and I am the miser,
and who else can be merciful to the miser except the
Generous?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Free and I am the afflicted,
and who else can be merciful to the afflicted except the
Free?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Great and I am the
insignificant, and who else can be merciful to the
insignificant except the Great?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Leading and I am the
straying, and who else can be merciful to the straying
except the Leading?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Merciful and I am the one
shown mercy, and who else can be merciful to the one shown
mercy except the Merciful?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Authority and I am the
tried, and who else can be merciful to the tried except the
Authority?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Guide and I am the confused,
and who else can be merciful to the confused except the
Guide?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Forgiver and I am the
sinner, and who else can be merciful to the sinner except
the Forgiver?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Victor and I am the
defeated, and who else can be merciful to the defeated
except the Victor?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Nourisher and I am the
nourished, and who else can be merciful to the nourished
except the Nourisher?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the High-handed and I am the
humble, and who else can be merciful to humble the except
the High-handed?

My Lord, O my Lord, have mercy on me by Your kindness, and
be pleased with me by Your Generosity and Your Magnanimity
and Your Grace, O the Generous, and Beneficent, O the
Almighty and the Benefactor, by your Mercy, O the most Kind.

No comments: