Friday, March 18, 2005

Wow

This has been a crazy week in many ways at work. We still never did find out who started the fires in our building last week. On Monday, we had the third meeting to try to determine the future of the department in terms of curriculum - a little stressful because not everyone agrees on what that future should be. Then another meeting after school. Tuesday, CSAP during the day and board meeting at night. Wednesday, school paper due, study hall duty, another lunch meeting, and a staff meeting after school at which we learned someone had made a mistake in administering CSAP and as a result, we may lose all the tenth grade math scores. Thursday, more CSAP with yet another problem that required us to take four tests instead of three - the kids were not happy taking another test instead of going to lunch. Another lunch meeting about the direction in the department. Teacher who made the mistake with CSAP on Tuesday put on administrative leave. Another meeting, this one about me chairing the scholarship committee and trying to figure out what that means I have to do.

It all seems like mundane stuff, but by last night I realized it was making me feel pretty stressed. I'm looking forward to Spring Break after this week just for a break from the craziness, but at the same time I'm not because I think it may end up being lonely and boring.

Well alhumdooleluh at least I can say it has been an eventful week and I am sure things will work out for the best somehow.

No comments: