Saturday, January 02, 2010

2010



So, in A.C. Clarke's universe, we'd be dealing with intelligent life in Europa about now, I guess?

Today is my bro's 40th birthday, and it is a palindrome: 01-02-2010. I'm hoping this year will be better than last for a lot of us in many ways.

I'm not big on resolutions, but two things I want to work on right now are cleaning this house, maybe one "task" per day or something like that, and eating a little better - for which I'm trying out Door-to-Door Organics and trying to eat one thing per day from the shipment I'm taking every two weeks. My focus is just on eating a little fresh food every day - living by myself I rarely by fresh food because it tends to go bad before I get to it or finish it, so a lot is wasted - plus, getting paid monthly, I tend to go grocery shopping only once a month. So far, so good for box #1. One "recipe" in particular I tried and liked is a very simple carrot salad: peel and grate carrots (I did 3 medium carrots), then add about a tablespoon of lemon juice, about a tablespoon of olive oil, a little salt and pepper and a touch of mint (the recipe called for tarragon, which I don't have, and mint sounded good), this mix up well and eat like a cold salad - it was yummy and crunchy!

Sometimes I wish I had a roommate or something, because for example this past break I sat alone almost all day every day and it can get a little old and takes me time to adapt. I enjoy it and I don't enjoy it.

I was doing well during summer working out, but once school started, that went away. But, I'm adding a 6th class to my teaching load, so I don't know if now is the time to worry about that - it may be summer again, we'll see.

Oh crazy thing - I heard thunder today - very weird for Colorado on January 2nd!

1 comment:

grateful to God said...

Salams Sister,

can you please email me?