Monday, February 14, 2005

Non-Muharram-y Interlude (Quiz from Son of Cheese)

1. Your name spelled backwards:
Yttaeb Anaid - It rhymes, I think...

2. Where were your parents born?
Colorado Springs, Colorado

3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
Muharram lecture in English from Dubai.

4. What's your favorite restaurant?
PF Changs, I guess.

5. Last time you swam in a pool?
Probably four or so years ago, when I visited Vancouver. They have women-only Muslim pool nights. But, I recently acquired one of those pseudo-Islamic swimsuits that look like jogging suits from jelbab.com. I'm tempted to try it out next time I go to a hotel and the pool is mostly deserted.... What do you think?

6. Have you ever been in a school play?
Yes. I was Tom Sawyer in the fifth grade play 'Tom Sawyer'. I don't remember this, but mom says I was a late replacement for a boy who couldn't memorize the lines. I was also a crow in Wizard of Oz in 1st grade, and a ghost in 2nd grade, and one of the Siamese cats in a Disney musical in sixth grade, the pianist for the Melodrama in 6th grade, and 'Ma' in some play in junior high.

7. How many kids do you want?
Let's take it one at a time and then we'll see. :)

8. Type of music do you dislike most?
Rude and obnoxious.

9. Are you registered to vote?
Yes!

10. Do you have cable?
Definitely - gotta have Discovery!

11. Have you ever ridden on a moped?
Not that I can recall.... I remember wanting one when I was in elementary school, though. I thought they looked COOOL!

12. Ever prank call anybody?
Yes, sadly, it was a favorite entertainment of me and some of my friends when we were little. Our favorites were to call up people named like famous people in the phone book (Jack Daniels, James Bond...) and to call people and pretend were doing official surveys and ask silly questions.

13. Ever get a parking ticket?
No.

14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
Yes, I would. Especially if someone paid for it!

15. Farthest place you ever traveled?
Mecca

16. Do you have a garden?
Sort of. I have plants.

17. What's your favorite comic strip?
Calvin and Hobbes.

18. Do you really know all the words to the national anthem?
Yes. In junior high my choir sang it at a baseball game. Before I quit the whole music/singing thing.

19. Bath or Shower, morning or night?
Shower. I do both morning and night or any time of day as I feel like it.

20. Best movie you've seen in the past month?
Supersize Me

21. Favorite pizza toppings?
tomato and green olives

22. Chips or popcorn?
neither.

23. What color lipstick do you usually wear?
none

26. Orange Juice or apple?
both, depends on the day.

27. Favorite type of chocolate bar?
special dark

28 When was the last time you voted at the polls?
November, 2004. Just rub it in, Derek. :)

29. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
last summer. My mom usually keeps at least one tomato plant.

30. Have you ever won a trophy?
Yes, usually academic stuff but also for track.

31. Are you a good cook?
I don't know, I never really tried.

32. Do you know how to pump your own gas?
I sure hope so, I'd be stranded if I didn't... love ATM cards at the gas station!

33. Ever order an item from an infomercial?
No, but I came close. I've once or twice ordered something off the Internet after seeing the infomercial and then finding it ebay or somewhere else for less. Infomercials are evil, people - they will make you think you need anything - so...don't---watch!

34. Sprite or 7-up?
Either, but Sprite tastes better.

35. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work?
Yes - McDonald's, Broadmoor Hotel, I think that's it.

36. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy?
I don't remember.

37. Ever throw up in public?
I don't think so. But once I missed Christmas because I got sick Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

38. Would you prefer being a millionaire or to find true love?
Can you take either one with you past the grave? Whichever one goes with me for the better.

39. Do you believe in love at first sight?
No, not really.

40. Ever call a 1-900 number?
No, but my friends and I used to make up 'bad' 1-800 numbers and call them to see if they were real. Sometimes they were, and they would tell you to call a 1-900 number, which we never did.

41. Can exes be friends?
If they can, they shouldn't be exes, most likely.

42. Who was the last person you visited in a hospital?
my dad, he just got out.

43. Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby?
No.

44. What message is on your answering machine?
The one that came with the machine. It is really short and so telemarketers always get excited thinking they got hold of a life person and then they say, "Hello? Hello!" for half a minute into my machine....

45. What is in your backpack?
It's not a backpack but I've got my graphing calculator, purse (with digital camera, wallet, cellphone, qiblah compass, mohr, sunglasses, chapstick and few other things), and some papers that probably need to be taken out, and dua'a books.

46. Favorite thing to do before bedtime?
Read.

47. What is one thing you are grateful for today?
Health

48. What is the first concert you ever went to?
The only band I've ever been to in concert - Metallica. Well, I guess the second time GNR was there, too, but they sucked. Now I don't do concerts anymore.

No comments: